Daniel J. Langin has over 25 years of experience in trial and corporate practice. He has advised businesses on technology, intellectual property, and business law issues, as well as related insurance coverage matters, since 1994.
Experience. Dan has been the principal of Langin Law Firm, LLC, since 2003. Past positions include:
- General Counsel of two technology companies:
- GeoAccess (Kansas City area)
- INSUREtrust.com (Atlanta)
- Global IT Law Manager for USF&G and St. Paul Insurance Companies
- Trial lawyer at Smith, Gill Fisher & Butts (now Kansas City office of Bryan Cave)
- Judicial Law Clerk to Justice Linda K. Neuman, Iowa Supreme Court
Publishing, Speaking and Think-Tanks. Dan has significant experience publishing, speaking and participating in think-tanks that focus on issues of technology, intellectual property and related insurance coverage law and policy in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Israel. Highlights include:
- Former member of the Aspen Institute’s Internet Policy Project
- Quoted by CNN, the Harvard Journal on Legislation, USA Today, CIO, Computerworld, Boardwatch, and the Boston Business Journal
- Contributing author, Cutter Enterprise Risk Management & Governance Advisory Service
- Co-authored chapter of IT Security: Risking the Corporation (Prentice Hall PTR 2003)
- Authored chapters in e-Coverage (The National Underwriter Company 2000)
- Authored chapter in Problem Issues in CGL (The National Underwriter Company 2001)
- Former editorial board member of the Cyberspace Lawyer.
- Published articles for Defense Counsel Journal, Intellectual Property Counselor, Practising Law Institute, the American Bar Association, Iowa Law Review and others.
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 1988 (Iowa Law Review editorial board)
- B.A. History, Magna Cum Laude, Creighton University, 1984