Companies, like people, have a life cycle. They are born (incorporation, bylaws, operating agreements), grow and mature (changes in members/shareholders, contracts, sales, hiring), build relationships (mergers, strategic alliances, joint ventures), marry (merger), divorce (owner disputes and separation) and eventually end (acquisition).
Langin Law Firm represents companies in all phases of this life cycle, from initial formation to eventual sale. Services can be provided on a flat fee “outside general counsel” basis, fee per project or hourly rate.
The firm has assisted clients with:
- Formation of LLCs, Corporations
- Bylaws, Operating Agreements, resolutions and other corporate governance documents
- Mergers and acquisitions, from Letter of Intent to closing
- Owner separation or severance
- Advising merger/acquisition counsel who require assistance with IP or IT legal issues
- Contracts, policies and other legal documents, such as:
- Template contracts for the company’s goods and services
- Employment Agreements/Employment Severance Agreements
- Internal HR and policy documents (employee handbooks, permitted use policies for e-mail and internet, etc.)
- Vendor and service provider contracts
- Leases and building purchase documents
- Strategic relationships (resellers, alliances, joint ventures)
- Compliance issues related to operations and HR (HIPAA, FMLA, ADA)