Technology Law Practice
Langin Law Firm advises IT and non-IT businesses on technology law matters including licensing and services contracts, online copyright and trademark issues, and compliance with laws that regulate privacy and internet use. Services can be provided on a flat fee “outside general counsel” basis, fee per project or hourly rate. The firm also assists litigation or merger and acquisition counsel who need assistance with IT-related legal issues.
Langin Law Firm has assisted clients with:
- Drafting and negotiating template contracts, policies and other legal documents, such as:
- License Agreements for software or services
- Master Services Agreements
- Joint Venture, Strategic Alliance and Reseller Agreements
- Nondisclosure Agreements
- Pen Testing, “Get Out of Jail Free” and other security services contracts
- Employment Agreements/ Employment Severance Agreements
- Internal Policy Documents (employee handbooks, permitted use policies for e-mail and internet, etc.)
- IT legal issues affecting non-IT companies (work made for hire, vendor contracts, internet and e-mail policies)
- Compliance and standards issues (PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, etc.)
- Laws that regulate data, information technology and the internet (DMCA, EU Data Protection, cybersquatting laws)
The firm regularly advises IT and non-IT businesses on these and other legal matters under US and international law.